Sunday, June 10, 2012

Laberinto

You know, I've just realized: I was browsing through my blog, feeling good about how constant I've been lately with both work and posts, and trying to lift my spirits after seeing so many beautiful artwork in my reading list - you know, "There there" and pat in the back after seeing GORGEOUS works - and...

Well, I haven't posted my pride and joy.



Oiseau Series: 
Laberinto - Labyrinth
Erika Meza
Acrylic on Wood
16 3/4'' x 20''
2012


Ahorita estaba recorriendo mi blog, en parte para sentirme bien por lo constante que he sido últimamente y en parte para tratar de levantarme la moral después de ver trabajos impresionantes en mi lista de Google Reader, y caí en cuenta de que no he posteado este, que es mi adoración y mi orgullo de los que he hecho últimamente.


It literally took me an entire week - from dawn till... well past dusk n.n - to do this painting. I went really ambitious on the sketch, and drew all kinds of tiny details on it - and I'm glad I did, because it forced me to do a really detailed background. I'm honestly so, so proud of this piece - I don't even think photography do justice to it.



Me tomó literalmente una semana completa - semana Santa, para ser exactos - para hacerla. Estuve pintando desde que amanecía hasta que anochecía - y más todavía después de eso! - porque me volví loca con los detallitos. Lo bueno es que esto me permitió obligarme a hacer algo mucho más elaborado de lo normal, y francamente estoy enamorada del resultado final.


No comments:

Post a Comment