Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Creando puentes

I had been toying with the idea of creating a facebook page to post art, seeing how most of my friends/students/pals/people I work with/people I know are most of the time contacting me there, asking to see what I'm up to. Well, seeing as I've taken this blog as a place to show results rather than process, why not?

So if you know that facebook thingy, feel free: http://www.facebook.com/ErikaDraws

To give you an idea, so far I've been posting what I'm working on right now. I call it the Oiseau Series: it's a set of 12 paintings concerning "Ways to Catch a Bird and Where It May Take You". I'm creating them for my portfolio, and I'm starting to be proud of them - even if there's just four finished and still loads of work ahead.




All Acrylic on Wood.

A bird, you see, is my favorite metaphor for a dream. If you go close too fast, it may fly away from you. You must be patient and figure out ways to reach it. This is what this series is all about :)

So feel free to join the party! In the meantime, I shall continue to report results here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment