Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sandunga


Today, we celebrate our Mexican Independence Day. Despite the political mood we're experiencing (of which I shall only say I sincerely hope this election gets clarified), I'm really, really proud of our culture, our history, our arts, colors and music - so my way of celebrating is with this Sandunga dancer. The Sandunga (or Zandunga) is a dance from Oaxaca, and I first found it through the Tres Caballeros - although now I'm quite in love with Lila Down's version. ¡Viva México! :D

Hoy, como bien saben, celebramos nuestra Independencia. Me abstendré de comentarios políticos: lo que sí es que hoy es el día para recordar lo orgullosos que debemos estar de nuestra cultura, nuestros colores, historia, arte y música - y que debemos defenderlos. Celebremos, pues, con esta bailarina de Sandunga - o Zandunga - netamente Oaxaqueña; y que ¡Viva México!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment