Saturday, February 9, 2013

Ofelia y el Fauno

El Laberinto del Fauno. Which in english got weirdly translated to Pan's Labyrinth and, as a result, in french is known as Le Labyrinthe du Pan - even though this Faun is a Faun, not Pan. Pan had a very different view on life, dear translators.

This movie can take the title of "Erika's Favorite Movie Forever and Ever until the World Ends Again". It's so so beautiful - the story is so simple and yet so rich, and it's got such an UNBELIEVABLE visual fantasy - the creatures, the costumes, the color coded-scenes... THE MUSIC. I love it to pieces and as a whole. It's the one movie that can make my  brother and I watch and discuss as if we were looking at it for the very first time. I cannot emphasize how much I like it - and since it's the one key that can take me out of a visual or storytelling block, I thought it was about time to do a proper tribute to it.

Gracias, Señor Del Toro. Ya se lo he dicho pero nunca será suficiente. Gracias.

Esta película es oficialmente MI película favorita de todos los tiempos - así, sin más ni más. Es LA película. ¡Me encanta! Es también la cura infalible a un bloqueo - no hay forma en que piense o vea o escuche esta película sin dejar de sentirme inspirada instantaneamente: supongo que mucho tiene que ver con el nivel de genio de este hombre y el cuánto me gustaría poder aspirar a ello. Si un día llego a la mitad de lo que ha logrado, seré feliz. Así que, por esto y mil razones más, es momento de hacer un tributo en agradecimiento. 

No comments:

Post a Comment